Every one and while we have all seen this problem: We want to delete or rename a file, but Windows won’t let us, telling us that the files is in use by another process or person.
Messages can look like
- Cannot delete folder: It is being used by another person or program.
- Cannot delete file: Access is denied
- There has been a sharing violation.
- The source or destination file may be in use.
- The file is in use by another program or user.
The Freeware UNLOCKER comes to the rescue:
Simply right click the folder or file, select Unlocker
=> if the folder or file is locked, a window listing of lockers will appear
=> click Unlock All and you are done!
It also offer a command line option.