I have already mentioned disk imager tools Acronis Trueimage and Drive Snapshot on my blog. The other day I found a quite positive review of DriveImage XML in PC Magazine. It’s available for XP, Vista and Windows Server 2003 and it’s free.
What it can do:
- Backup logical drives and partitions to image files
- Browse these images, view and extract files
- Restore these images to the same or a different drive
- Copy directly from drive to drive
- Schedule automatic backups with your Task Scheduler
Since this program is currently distributed as freeware, we don’t offer
technical support for it. Please refer to the program’s help file and documentation.